Friday, May 25, 2007

So does it have something to do with Cortana?

I am at most times a serious gamer and I love video games like I love coffee (or my parents). I also love the Halo trilogy, that is why this post revolves around a delay made to Halo 2 for Windows Vista. Now I don't really know when its supposed to be released but I know for sure why its been delayed. Now I've read in the
Next-Generation site that the real reason for the delay is, get this, partial nudity. Apparently Microsoft reps sent an email statement to Next-Gen which stated, “It has come to our attention that an unfortunate, obscure content error which includes partial nudity was included in our initial production of “Halo 2” for Windows Vista." They've even stuck labels onto the packaging to warn consumers of the rather out of place(see below) content. Worse still they could just use the recall to fix the problem instead of sticking labels and then asking them gamers to download an online update off the Halo 2 website. Who in the right mind would want to download that update anyways? Balls.


I know Halo 2, I've played the game many times before so it would seem very out of place to find partial nudity. Whats more out of place is the fact that Halo2 oh well the whole trilogy itself has a record of being almost dry of estrogen. After all who can forget there are only two female characters in the original Halo and that one of those girls is only a voice from some dropship. In Halo 2, although there has been an increase in sugar, spice and everything nice, it is still very hard to imagine how partial nudity could end up in a sci-fi action shooter game. Unless of course its an extra scene with half naked soldiers or alien without armor.

No comments: