Saturday, July 07, 2007

7/7/07

I know what you might think, I'm not gonna lose out a share of a post on this special day.

ITS BLOODY 7/7/07!!!

Woot!

Okay well technically here in Singapore as well as the rest of the world that doesn't use PDT, its the day after but half of me still thinks its still back there in the land of the free.

Here are some important events that happened and is still happening in 7/7/07.

Live Earth

Its a 24hr concert held in 9 countries across 7 continents promoting - or preaching - the way of conservationists and telling us to well, save the Earth. Well the concert is over anyways but there's a 24hr long telecast (not live) on Singapore's Channel 5 and a live one on msn (at least I'm told so).

Melissa Etheridge made an appearance, I mean, performance on Live Earth which is not much of a surprise actually. Yes, its still the same song - "I Need To Wake Up" and yes, if its not for her being active on Gay rights, people like me wouldn't be here right now. Okay maybe its not so severe, lesbians unite!!..


I hug trees but I have a life.

Bungie Day

Bungie, the ever popular maker of the Halo series is celebrating - or celebrated - 7/7/07 as a day to satisfy their obsession with the number 7. Fanboys and girls - like me actually had this day marked on our calendar thinking it might be some big Halo 3 related news release or something of that magnitude. What we get is a load of downloads.

I won't complain, I love them.

New Seven Wonders of the World

The new Seven Wonders of the World had an unveiling at Lisbon, Portugal on this very 7 day.

And the lucky seven are:

The Great Wall of China - China. [I'm not surprised, well you can see it from space]

Petra - Jordan

Christ the Redeemer - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Machu Picchu - Cuzco, Peru

Chichen Itza - Yucatan, Mexico

Colosseum - Rome, Italy

Taj Mahal - Agra, India

Seeing as unfair for the only surviving monument of the Seven Ancient Wonders of the World, the Pyramids of Giza was given an Honorary Candidate status.

Youtube Meet Out at NYC - 7/7/07

Youtubers had a little meet out I think at Washington Square Park, by the arch at 11am and they went on until 8 or so but had an after party from 9. I have no news of what happened during the meet out but I guess its not that important anyways, unless you're a Youtuber.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh yeah, and I've finally finished Portrait Number 2.








Oh and I'm still fucked up about not having the iPhone...










(Thanks Simone)



Oh or this one...






... isn't it cute?

No comments: